Monday, March 18, 2013

Before we get started, enjoy this and this.

We got tired of looking at houses that had ugly renovations and whose owners wanted us to pay for them. "We spent $30,000 on this kitchen!" Guess what? We hate it. We would have to replace it. What's up with the tile in that bathroom? We have to rip up this carpet, replace those brand new light fixtures, rip up those ugly ass shrubs? Forget it.

We went in a different direction. Let's buy a dump. Let's find a solid, ugly house and recreate it.

That's what we're doing. Stay tuned.

11 comments:

  1. Stucco! It has beautiful bones. I can't wait to see what kind of beauty to bring to the rest of it. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lynne! I needed a project. The timing is perfect; we didn't expect to buy so quickly but this one feels SO right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see the evolution. I agree it has good bones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What happens next is that you carve out a little spot in that basement for my visits--near the toilet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Scadutes, you're upstairs material. Case closed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK. Inform Steve to move the guitars to the side. I can make my way around everything else.

      Delete
  6. If I was 20 years younger, I'd love to do that too. Please post lots of photos of the inside too, so we can watch the transformation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We renovated our first house 25 years ago. Did it ourselves. Not this time! This is a bigger project and we are old and need help.

      Delete
  7. I look at the picture of the exterior and no question whatsoever, my dear, this is a fabulous place that you will make spectacular. And in the meantime, it's gonna be pretty damn cool. Looking forward to more pics. Also - hugs.

    ReplyDelete