Monday, July 1, 2013

Sweat Equity

Electrical, plumbing, heating, a/c stuff all in the walls! Yay. Insulation next. Then we get walls. Finally. The plan is to have the floors on the second floor refinished, a bathroom installed, then we can move in while the rest of the house is finished.

Costs are mounting (seriously, YIKES) so we're doing some stuff on our own. We saved some of the old radiators which add character to the house but need paint. I scraped and sanded; he painted. We didn't finish but next time I'm wearing gloves.

Working my ass off. 90 degrees and molto humidity.

That is dust between the vertical things. Gross. 

Cleaned and scraped.
What came off the radiator with scraping and cleaning. Again, gross.


P
Primed.
A lot of work for the old guy.




2 comments:

  1. Can you guys come over when you're done with that and refinish my table?

    (WHO ARE YOU?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This house has changed me. Baseball cap. Sweating. You will not recognize me next time you see me.

    ReplyDelete